American Hotel Income Properties is guided by a pragmatic acquisition approach
Using rigorous due diligence, AHIP seeks out properties distinguished by the following criteria:
- Stabilized in-place income
- All-in trailing capitalization rate >8%
- Acquisition cost below replacement cost
- Strong demand generators
- Limited new supply
- Complement existing premium branded, Select-Service hotels
- Targeted geographic diversification within the U.S.
Our investment strategy is sharply focused on the select-service category of hotels. With strong consumer demand and broad appeal, this simple and efficient operating model consistently delivers higher margins with lower volatility.
- Guest loyalty and distribution from the world’s preeminent hotel brands
- Strong consumer demand and broad appeal
- Simple, efficient operational model
- Higher margins with lower volatility
- Rail contracts with guaranteed revenue
GEOGRAPHIC DIVERSITY BASED ON DEMAND
Sound investments focus on secondary markets with varied and predictable demand generators, such as established businesses and industry, colleges and universities, government and military presence and tourism attractions, among others.
Consistent with AHIP’s acquisition strategy, all properties are strategically located within or near:
- Larger population centers
- Transportation corridors
- Demand generators
Our Investment Strategy
The merits of our investment strategy are exemplified by the quality of assets across American Hotel Income Properties’ portfolio, comprised of 114 hotels in 91 cities and 33 states.