Please note that AHIP is unable to accept direct mailed or unsolicited résumés. Only résumés which are submitted in association with a specific opening will be considered.
American Hotel Income Properties REIT LP (“AHIP”) has an immediate opening for a full-time Accounting Assistant to join our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic cross-border REIT headquartered in Vancouver, BC. AHIP currently owns 115 hotels and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols HOT.UN and HOT.U and also in the United States on the OTCQX International marketplace under the symbol AHOTF.
AHIP invests in hotel real estate properties located substantially in the United States and engaged primarily in growing a portfolio of premium branded, select-service hotels in larger secondary markets operating under franchise agreements with international hotel brands such as Marriott, Hilton, IHG, and Wyndham.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting, your primary responsibilities will be to provide accounting assistance to AHIP’s finance team, with a focus on the accounts payables processing cycle, as well as provide AHIP with some administrative support.
- Enter purchase invoices and expense reports into the accounting system
- Prepare cheque and credit card payments
- Prepare monthly lease invoices and record lease deposits
- Prepare journal entries
- Run monthly and adhoc accounting reports
- Assist with property tax and sales tax process
- Assist with quarterly and annual audit requests
- Adhoc requests as needed
Key Qualifications and Competencies:
- Positive attitude, eager to learn and self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and enjoys a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office products, such as Excel and Word
- Prior experience in an office environment
- Prior experience in an accounts payable role preferred but not required
- Accounting diploma or degree require
If you would like to pursue this career opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to Ms. Banh at email@example.com.